Much of the following information is adopted from other website policy pages (just to make sure I cover all the bases); however, I have adapted the information so that it applies to this website exclusively.
TruthForFree.com (formerly The Prayer Shack) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and I appreciate your trust that I will do so carefully and sensibly. This is one of the reasons I have also made the effort to get our site labeled with the family-safe website watchdog organizations SafeSurf, ICRA, SurfSafely.com, and are awaiting approval to become an ICCS Certified, licensed member of iWatchDog (a.k.a. The United Federation of Child Safe Websites). TruthForFree.com is also a participant in the WOT (Web of Trust) program, which is a user-rating system that helps identify trusted sites based on their good reputation (click here to install it on your browser and rate your experience with our site). The site is also scanned and protected by Succuri; a paid service that keeps the site clean and protected from malware and viruses. As the webmaster of TruthForFree.com I do everything in my power to keep this site safe and trustworthy to the best of my ability.
By visiting TruthForFree.com, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy & Content Notice. Disclaimers and guidelines for using the material on this site (i.e. content printing & distribution) appear at the bottom of this page (please scroll down).
What Personal Information About Visitors Does TruthForFree.com Gather?
TruthForFree.com is a personal website that has no vested interest in collecting personal information from those who browse the site. TruthForFree.com also takes increased measures to protect your information from being used in an unauthorized way by other parties. For example, any e-mail addresses that our visitors post in blogs are immediately and automatically encrypted (using specially coded apps) to prevent unfriendly scraping programs from extracting those addresses and using them for SPAM. While I cannot personally guarantee the effectiveness of all third-party applications used to this end, reasonable efforts are employed to ensure they are derived from an authorized source. TruthForFree.com continues to search for ways to make using this site even safer and more secure for visitors.
- Information You Give Us: The only data TruthForFree.com receives is the information you personally choose to share (i.e. messages sent via the contact page, which is sent directly to the webmaster’s e-mail box and is NEVER sold or distributed in any way without your permission or as may be required by law in case of emergencies, also any comments or selections you might submit in the way of answering surveys, responding in public blog posts, or signing guestbooks – the old Prayer Shack site used a third party guestbook service that allowed your information, such as e-mail addresses, to be removed from the immediate control and discretion of the webmaster. This has since been changed.
To the best of my ability, as the site operator of TruthForFree.com, I want to ensure that your personal contact information is seen only by myself or any co-admins that personally assist me with the site; the only exception to this being that your e-mail, if submitted (in some cases), may be displayed with your various entries on the site (with your approval), though I am not aware of any components of the site, at this time, that require this. If you ever detect your information being used in a way on the site that does not meet with your approval, contact me immediately and I will work to remove it from the website at my earliest convenience.
- Automatic Information: TruthForFree.com may receive certain types of information whenever you interact with the site. For example, like many Web sites, TruthForFree.com may use “cookies,” and obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the TruthForFree.com website. Basically the information pertains only to the type of browser you are using to view the site, the date and time you visited pages, the length of time you browsed the site, what search engine referred you to the site, etc. This information is used merely as statistical data to get an idea of what kind of traffic is coming to the site. It contains nothing personal. This helps site operators to customize features for your enjoyment and it’s just kinda cool to find out where friends and fans of the site are visiting from.
- Information from Other Sources: TruthForFree.com may, on occasion, personally use and recommend the use of programs, such as instant messenger software (e.g. Skype), that enable you to chat with members or admins (including myself) live on the Web. Such programs are downloaded at the user’s discretion and are not the responsibility or in the control of TruthForFree.com. It is possible that such programs may extract personal data. This data is not received by or used by TruthForFree.com. It is also possible that other websites that visitors arrive at via a link from the site may collect other information. Such possibilities are not known to TruthForFree.com or monitored in any way. Generally speaking, TruthForFree.com obtains absolutely NO information from visitors to the site other than what may be specified in this privacy notice. The only exception would be any current or future use of third-party services that may, on their own, collect such information necessary to the use and function of their product. It is recommended that you observe any privacy statements the third party site may offer.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that may be transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable website systems to recognize your browser and to provide features. Cookies may be used to help personalize various aspects of your visit or when connecting to another website’s music or book store.
TruthForFree.com does not currently have a book or music store and does not anticipate ever employing one since such, the author of this site feels, would be contrary to the expressed purpose of this website.
Does TruthForFree.com Share the Information It Receives?
- No. Information about visitors involves only a very minor part of the website’s service to the viewing public; in fact, other than the retrieval of e-mails and guestbook entries, TruthForFree.com has no need of visitors’ personal information and is certainly not in the business of selling it to others. That is a promise! TruthForFree.com shares visitor information ONLY as is required through affiliate programs such as when a link forwards the visitor to a book or music store (which is extremely rare since the book and music store was dropped from the website in May of 2010) and as may be required by law. Details are described below:
- Affiliated Businesses Not Under Site Administrator’s Control: TruthForFree.com works closely with some affiliated businesses, an example of which is Amazon.com, CDNow, and Christian Book Distributors, which are occasionally used as trusted book and music sources. You can tell when another business is involved in your transactions, and TruthForFree.com may share limited customer information related to those transactions with that business (however, it is unknown – even to TruthForFree.com – what that information may include, as the only think provided is a link to transfer visitors to the appropriate website.
It is assumed by TruthForFree.com that the only information collected is the referring URL.
It is the opinion and understanding of TruthForFree.com that nothing personal whatsoever is transferred and, again, TruthForFree.com has no need of such information nor is there any intention of collecting such for any reason.
- Affiliated Businesses Under Site Administrator’s Control: TruthForFree.com may use some services that collect minimal, non-personal information used to track referrals back to the site owner (i.e. TruthForFree.com). For example, one of the utilities TruthForFree.com employs on pages of the website (called Sharaholic – a WordPress certified third-party app), helps users to easily share pages and posts via social networking sites (like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, SMS, Email, etc.). These services may track links to various products (such as book recommendations on the site that are also shared by users). This information may be used to provide referral commissions to the site owner. This does not affect the user’s experience, nor does it compromise their security, nor is it known to affect any cost of products a user may choose to purchase on the referred-to site. It’s essentially similar to how royalties may be payed to a company when a song is played on the radio. Such services are controlled by a toggle in the application and are not directly monitored by TruthForFree.com (nor are recommendations made by website administrators for the purpose of generating income to the site). That having been said, if a utility may work to provide a meaningful and free service to a user which may, at some point, track a decision to purchase a product on another site, TruthForFree.com may, inadvertently and potentially, receive some kind of “commission” on the sale of that referred product, though TruthForFree.com has no interactive part in the process or even knowledge which links may potentially generate this commission.
In summary, the TruthForFree.com website may, on occasion, contain affiliate marketing links, which means that TruthForFree.com may receive a commission on sales of those products or services that are written about. TruthForFree.com’s editorial content is absolutely NOT influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
- Site Provider: To my knowledge, TruthForFree.com’s website hosting company does not extract any information from visitors. The site owner pays for the express use of server space and features provided by the hosting company. One of the primary reasons for this is to keep the site free of advertising and unwarranted collection of visitor information.
TruthForFree.com is thus far very pleased with the quality of service received through the present hosting company and do not perceive there to be any unethical or concerning practices associated with this company.
- Protection of TruthForFree.com: TruthForFree.com releases personal information when it believes that release is appropriate to comply with law; however, as has been previously stated, the only information the website receives that could be released is information that has been specifically designated to TruthForFree.com (e.g. through e-mail, etc.). The site does NOT knowingly collect ANY personal information from its users except as described in this policy notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. This site does not employ any kind of “spyware” or “adware” technology to target, annoy or extract any information from visitors. As stated previously in this document, TruthForFree.com employs many different security measures to insure that your information is used as safely as possible!
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such TruthForFree.com site features as the guestbook, blogs, sharing prayer requests, or connecting to an affiliated Book or Music store.
- If you are concerned about cookies and do not want to use them, simply disable the option in the security settings of your browser. Note, however, that some features of this site may be affected by such choices. There are products available that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
- TruthForFree.com does not sell products for purchase by children. Products available through our affiliate book and music stores are intended to be purchased by adults. If you are under 18, you may use these affiliate programs only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
- This site absolutely does not contain any pornographic or other material that may be considered inappropriate for children; however, we recommend that parents involve themselves in the browsing activities of their children and determine what sources may or may not be felt as appropriate viewing by their children. Our intent with this site is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. If, as a parent, you have any questions about the purpose or content on this site, please contact the site webmaster. TruthForFree.com is rated with a number of services that help to insure safe browsing for families and children. God bless you!
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: TruthForFree.com (formerly The Prayer Shack) is a not-for-profit, non-commercial, personal website (containing opinion and information derived from personal and collected research) intended for the purpose of sharing information freely in the hope that readers may be encouraged in their faith, become more centrally focused on the person of Jesus Christ, and strengthened in their alertness to false teachings which may be present in organized religion today.
TruthForFree.com is proudly NOT identified as a “non-profit” 501c3 organization, as such entities have contractually agreed to have their free speech limited by law. TruthForFree.com is privately owned by a tax-paying American citizen with no personal interest in making money from the website, nor is the site intended to serve any type of “tax write off” for the benefit of the creator! This site is FOR YOU, the viewer/user, and is shared as a labor of love with pure intent to honor God in the process. TruthForFree.com does NOT identify itself as a “church”, “religious organization”, “ministry”, or “charity” and believes wholly in the freedom to express one’s own opinions and convictions in matters of faith, Scripture, daily life and politics. Because TruthForFree.com is not classified by any of the a fore-mentioned types, the author sees no compelling reason to provide a means to accept donations nor to encourage readers to do so. Simply put, I (as the site’s author) don’t want your money (it’s called TruthForFREE for a reason) and I will not allow any possible method (such as the prospect of financial gain through donations) that might influence the content I share with people herein.
TruthForFree.com presents the articles and information contained within under the caution that the reader make responsible, personal choices to use spiritual discernment, study the Word of God (i.e. the Bible) and verify facts on their own before making conclusions. Simply because there may be one or several articles by a particular Christian author or organization on this site does not mean TruthForFree.com necessarily agrees with everything, or even anything else, that person or organization believes. Over time, people sometimes change their minds on various positions and it would be virtually impossible to maintain updated information on the authors of each article that has been shared through this website, so you are always encouraged to do your own research. TruthForFree.com is not responsible for errors and omissions on neighboring websites that may be referenced from this site. To the best of this author’s knowledge, all information presented on this website is honestly conveyed and contains no misinformation but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Any questions concerning content should be immediately shared with the webmaster for investigation and/or with the author of the original content. TruthForFree.com appreciates your assistance in this.
TruthForFree.com, (formerly known as The Prayer Shack) and design logos are trademarks owned and created by TruthForFree.com & The Prayer Shack, Kennewick, WA. Other site graphics are either used by permission or assumed to be in the public domain. If you see an image that you think should not be here, please contact the webmaster for investigation and/or removal. Thank you.
FAIR USE NOTICE: While many Christian writers do allow faithful reproduction of their work with all due credit, most of the other articles on this site have the specific permission of the author to use their work. However there may be some copyrighted material on this site, the use of which has not always been specifically or directly authorized by the copyright owner. TruthForFree.com is making such material available in an effort to advance understanding of Christian issues. It is the sincere belief of administrators and contributors to this website that this constitutes a “fair use” of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for educational purposes. For more information go to: (also, for your convenience, this section of the law is printed below as well). If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond “fair use”, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. TruthForFree.com is not responsible for misuse of content by visitors of this website. If you feel there is information shared from this site that is incorrect or unauthorized, please contact the webmaster for review. Thank you.
United States Code TITLE 17 | CHAPTER 1 | § 107 § 107.
- Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use Release date: 2005-08-01 Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include— The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 is a civil rights law that mandates the elimination of discrimination against persons with a qualifying disability. Primarily, regulations apply to Government and public agencies and businesses. While there are (at the time of the creation of this notice) no specific published technical requirements that define how the ADA is applied to the Internet, TruthForFree.com attempts to make its information accessible to all individuals to the best of our ability. If you use special adaptive equipment and encounter problems when using this website, please report them using the contact information provided on the website, or by contacting the website provider directly. We will let you know if the information is available in an alternate format and do our best to accommodate your needs. It is our sincere desire that EVERYONE can benefit from the material shared through this website.
Additional accessibility resources and assistance may be available through ADA.gov.
Thank you again for visiting this website. The ultimate hope of the creators of this site are that readers would be encouraged in their faith. TruthForFree.com is an opinion-based blog site, exercising our right to free speech as afforded by the Constitution of the United States of America. We encourage every reader to do their own research and examination of all information observed.